Does sleep disorder affect mental health? Is that your question? Then you are in the right place, here in this blog we have discussed the complex relationship between sleep disorder and mental wellness. Read completely to learn more.
What is Mental Health?
Mental health is the condition with regard to their psychological and emotional well-being. This will work fruitfully and productively, and this copes with your normal stresses of life. In fact, it is a complex subject. This is because mental health has social aspects, psychological, and emotional.
How Sleep Disorder Affects The Mental Health?
For years researchers and sleep disorder specialist in Mesa says association between the mental health and sleep quality. The sleep problems result as a mental illness. Yes, poor sleep quality will also contribute the ability to cope with existing disorders and to the development of new psychiatric disorders.
Facts about mental health issues causes by poor quality of sleep
- Did you know two or more types of sleep disorder problems were about 2.6 times more likely to report a suicide attempt than those without any insomnia complaints?
- Recent research says serious sleep disorders with four-year-olds will have a higher risk of developing symptoms of psychiatric problems as six-year-olds when compared to normal-sleeping peers.
- Insomniacs are nearly 10 times more likely to suffer from clinical depression and more than 17 times more likely to report clinical anxiety than normal sleepers.
Relationship between Sleep Problem and Mental Issues
Research says that sleep disorder extremely impacts stress hormones and neurotransmitters. As the result it will lead to the inability to regulate emotions and impaired thinking. So, you should not take the sleeping problem as simple, contact your sleep disorder specialist in Mesa as soon as possible.
You’re Not Getting Enough Sleep
Are you suffering from sleep problem? You’re not alone. Did you know 40% of Americans say at least once a week they used to wake up feeling poorly rested? Check below, if you have these symptoms, contact your sleep apnea specialist in Mesa as soon as possible.
- It’s a struggle just to keep your eyes open
- You spend the rest of the morning in a complete fog.
- You force yourself out of bed
- Your alarm goes off
These things can also end up with cash crash or some other accident even in your personal life.
How to Seek Help?
Are you or your loved one has been experiencing mental health issues? First consult one of the leading sleep specialist doctors in Mesa. This is because, the main cause of mental health issues is due to sleep problems.
The doctors will inspect the problem and provide proper solution, so that you will improve your mental health and have a peaceful life.